MS Outlook is a product of most popular Microsoft Company. It is referred as an email client and used for communication to send emails and receive emails. Along with emails you can store many things in Outlook like, contact list, notes, personal information, calendar entries, journals etc. These all information including emails is used to store in one common file and that is called as a PST (Personal Storage Table) file. Suppose if you lost all such stored data from your Outlook PST file due to its damage then what will you do to recover Outlook PST file data? Many of you may get frustrated or confuse and try to recover damaged Outlook file by using its inbuilt function like scanpst.exe. But keep in mind, in case of severe damage of PST file you need to repair Outlook PST file by using third party tool like, Outlook PST recovery software. This software helps to repair damaged /corrupted PST file and helps to restore all lost and deleted data from it.
There are some reasons mentioned below due to which your PST file may get damaged and you need to recover Outlook PST file.
- Oversized PST file: MS Outlook application is available in different versions like Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. These all versions are distinguished by their storage capacity and additional features. Outlook 2000 stores 2GB data in its PST file, Outlook 2003 and 2007 stores 20GB and Outlook 2010 stores 50GB data in its PST file. If the PST file exceeds this storage capacity then your Outlook PST may get corrupted resulting in inaccessibility of Outlook attributes.
- Failure of Upgradation process: Many of you prefer to upgrade Outlook application because after upgrading Outlook you will get more additional features e.g. increased PST file storage capacity. But while upgrading Outlook application from old version to the new version this upgradation process fails due to interruption due to which your PST file may get corrupted.
- Sharing OF PST file over network: If you share same PST file over LAN/WAN network, your PST file get damaged due to failure of network connection while accessing PST file.
These are the three major reasons due to which your PST file may get damaged and face data loss. There are some more reasons like, virus or malware attack on PST file, while accessing PST file abrupt system turnoff etc also affects to damage of PST file. So to avoid such kind of data loss problems you can follow the following steps,
- Don’t operate on multiple emails at the same time.
- Keep an updated antivirus in system.
- Close the Outlook application before turning off system
- Keep a backup of your PST file.
Therefore, if you want to recover Outlook PST file data then you can use the best Outlook recovery software. This software helps to recover Outlook data from damaged Outlook file very easily and efficiently. Outlook recovery software is available in free demo version which you can download on your system and try for data recovery from damaged PST file.